1. Being human takes guts.
2. Asking for a raise takes guts.
3. Swallowing your pride takes guts.
4. Saying who you voted for takes guts.
5. Having kids or deciding not to have kids takes guts.
6. Getting old takes guts.
7. Finding your happiness takes guts.
1. Facing cancer takes guts.
2. Tough love takes guts.
3. To hold up the cross in the face of a crisis takes guts.
4. Burying a spouse takes guts.
5. Burying a child takes guts.
6. Breaking off a toxic friendship takes guts.
7. Stepping out on faith to be a Christian Speaker takes guts.
8. Standing behind your beliefs takes guts.
9. Being brutally honest takes guts.
10. Trusting Jesus takes guts.
Let’s face it– being human takes guts!
But sold-out-Jesus-following-Christians should have guts. Therefore, let’s be the hands and feet of Jesus in a world falling apart and needing help and hope. Make it a personal mission when people go through stress, loneliness, illness, depression, tragedy, and even death to be hope for the hopeless.
Will it take guts to step out on faith and be a speaker for God? You better believe it.
Can you do it? Absolutely. How do I know? Because the Bible tells me so.
Philippians 4:13 “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.”
CCC Sisters, it takes guts to do what we do. If God calls us to do it, he will give us the courage and the boldness to step out and do what we do. I am proud of each of you and look forward to seeing God move you into your places that he has planned for you in the days ahead.
What is God calling you to do that takes guts?