Please note: The 2015 Conference is currently full. To be placed on the waiting list, contact Conference Coordinator, Cynthia Owens at ccc@GoWithVision.com
Every year openings become available for those on the waiting list. Don’t miss out this year!
Christian Communicators Conference
August 26-30, 2015
The Billy Graham Training Center at The Cove
God has given each of us unique experiences from which to share His goodness and grace.
Could He be calling you to share them from the stage?
Do you have a story to tell? Would your testimony encourage and challenge others? Are you ready to take the next step in your speaking ministry, but don’t know where to begin? Do you already have a speaking ministry, but want help in growing your outreach?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, this is the opportunity you’ve been waiting for!
You’re invited to join author and speaker Vonda Skelton and people-polishing expert and speaker Carolyn Knefely for the 6th Christian Communicators Conference (We’ve also had two CCAdvanced Conferences for the grads!). This unique 5-day, 4-night conference will be held at the Billy Graham Training Center at The Cove, a retreat center in Asheville, NC, designed to encourage, refresh and empower believers who want to grow and deepen their faith.
Leave the chaos, forget the stress, and escape to the comfort of God’s creation where you’ll have the opportunity to learn, reflect, and hear from the Lord.
Christian Communicators is more than a conference, it’s a community! Your Christian Communicators experience doesn’t end at the close of Sunday. Instead, you’ll discover it’s just the beginning! After attending the conference, you’ll be part of a vibrant, exciting group of ladies who experience continued mentoring through promotional and educational opportunities to learn and grow as speakers, writers, and sisters in the Lord.
Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. I Peter 3:15
The all-inclusive package includes everything–there are no hidden expenses!–and Financial Need Scholarships are available.
Read on for all the details and then get ready to embark on a training mission for YOUR ministry!
“I have been a conference planner, I speak at dozens of conferences per year, and I have attended hundreds in my lifetime. Many have been excellent. I have never before referred to a conference as ‘transformative’ and ‘life-changing,’ yet the Christian Communicators Conference was that for me. The solid teaching, powerful experiential learning and Christ-centered fellowship (not to mention the restorative beauty of the location and the amazing food!) all combined to make this a ‘must-attend’ conference for seasoned and aspiring Christian speakers and writers. Do NOT miss it!”
Sue Badeau, PA
At a Christian Communicators Conference, less truly is more…
By limiting the conference to about 30 ladies, you receive more!
- You won’t be surrounded by hundreds of women . . . but you’ll be embraced by thirty who will become lifelong friends
- You won’t experience long lines for dinner . . . but you’ll have long conversations over dessert
- You won’t need change for vending machines . . . but shared stories at afternoon tea can change your life
Come and learn in a small, intimate setting . . .
then go out and change a great big world.
As a participant in this unique conference, you will learn how to:
- Discover your ministry focus and mission
- Create compelling messages by including Biblical Truth and your own experiences and stories of life
- Incorporate drama, music, props, and humor into your presentations
- Use the stage to your best advantage
- Dress for the occasion
- Develop the forms, manage the paperwork, and set up an organized system
- Use social networking to share your ministry with others
- Get your information into the hands of event planners
- Generate income from a product table—even if you don’t have a published book!
- Interact with professional protocol and etiquette with church and business leaders
- Face your fears and move forward in the call God has placed on your life
On Saturday, you will present a 5-minute message, which will be professionally filmed by Two Girls Video Production. The video can then be used as a promotional video or combined with other media materials to create a speaker demo reel. Head shots are also included free of charge as part of your conference package!
Learn how to put your best foot forward with a lovely High Tea Luncheon…
Learn from Carolyn Knefely as she shares her knowledge of etiquette, protocol, and graceful living. Then join us Friday for an elegant, delightful High Tea Luncheon. You’ll never feel like a wallflower again!
Your High Tea Luncheon will go beyond savories and scones as you have the opportunity to hear about potential speaking opportunities specifically available to Christian Communicators grads!
Dressy tea time attire is completely optional, but welcome!
Christian Communicators is more than a speakers conference . . .
it’s a community!
As a graduate of Christian Communicators Conference, you’ll have added benefits!
- Free educational opportunities through continued mentoring
- Opportunity to participate in Christian Communicators ADVANCED Conference, open only to CCC grads
- Exposure through our Christian Communicators speaker pages (to be updated and expanded soon)
…we can help you grow your ministry as you grow as a speaker.
Other benefits include:
- Monthly ChristianCommunicatorsLIVE! Blog Talk Radio shows with guest speakers, media specialists, authors, and CCC grads. Continue your training from the comfort of your own home!
- The opportunity to be a guest blogger on the Christian Communicators blog
- Free basic listing on the speakers’ page at the Christian Communicators website (Watch for additional speaker postings coming in March!)
- Christian Communicators Newsletter, promoting graduate speakers and help for event planners. (Coming soon!)
- Ongoing support, critiques, networking opportunities
Vonda and Carolyn are committed to helping you succeed. After all, equipping women to share their love for Christ Jesus through their speaking ministries creates a larger army to spread God’s word!
“I thought I knew what I was doing as a speaker, but then I went to the Christian Communicators Conference and learned what God wanted me to do. Life changing.”
Dell Self, TN
CCC’s program package is all-inclusive. You won’t find a more complete program anywhere!
- Lodging for 5 days and 4 nights
- Meals from Wednesday dinner through Sunday lunch
- Snacks, access to free yogurt bar and cappuccino machines, and continuous coffee, tea, and soft drinks
- A lovely High Tea Luncheon, appropriate for tea attire, if desired
- Classes, breakout sessions, and training
- Handouts, notebook, and bag
- Reproducible ministry forms
- Professionally recorded video of your presentation
- Headshot photo session
- Fine dining etiquette class
- Two additional video classes from Carolyn and Vonda for continued home study
- Limited registration
- Two evenings of optional Computer Q&A during free time for those who desire extra help
- Free airport pick up and return
- Friendship and support from ministry-focused women
- Personal one-hour phone appointment with Carolyn or Vonda after conference
- Opportunity to participate in a future CCAdvanced Conference, limited to CCC grads only
There are no surprise expenses!
“‘Encouraging! Engaging! Educational!’ At the Christian Communicators Conference, attendees learn from two professionals who are passionate about loving God and teaching speakers to share their messages. From marketing techniques to social media advice, the curriculum is full of useful information for aspiring speakers. Meet new “sisters,” learn to share God over afternoon tea and enjoy the spiritual moments of the beautiful mountains at The Cove. Don’t miss this exciting opportunity; it’s an experience of a lifetime!”
Sarah Meece, KY
Conference All-Inclusive Program Package
All rooms have two queen beds and a private bath and may be reserved for single, double, triple*, or quad* occupancy. (*See important instructions below regarding Triple and Quad Lodging.)
Double: $ 989
*Triple: $ 899*
*Quad: $ 869*
*Conference fee and meals only–no lodging: $789 (limited number available)
You may request specific roommates by listing them on your registration form. If you want to share a double room, but don’t have a roommate, we will be happy to assign one for you as the conference time approaches.
*PLEASE NOTE: Since Triple and Quad rooms are difficult to fill, we can only promise them to groups of 3 or 4 who register together. (Each will need to complete a registration form and submit the $125 deposit.) If you’re looking for others to help fill a room, please contact Conference Coordinator, Cynthia Owens at ccc [@] gowithvision.com to be placed on the Triple or Quad list. You may also post your request on the Christian Communicators Conference Facebook Page. Registration and the $125 deposit will be required if you desire to hold your spot while you wait for roommates.
Payment plans are available at no extra charge if paid by check. Please contact Conference Coordinator Cynthia Owens at ccc [@] gowithvision.com to discuss your personalized payment plan.
Space is limited to only 30 ladies. Beds and rooms will be assigned on a first requested, first filled basis.
~~The $125 deposit is non-refundable once your registration is accepted.~~
Early bird discount:
- Pay the conference fee in full by June 1, 2015 and receive a $25 discount ($125 deposit will be non-refundable).
“Vonda and Carolyn offer a first-class speakers conference at the beautiful Cove in NC. Because of the size limit of 30 speakers, each participant receives lots of personal attention. The conference is worth every penny of the cost.”
Yvonne Ortega, VA
Stonecroft Regional Speaker Trainer of Virginia
Thanks to the generosity of our wonderful benefactors, we’re able to offer one full and several partial Financial Need scholarships to the 2015 Christian Communicators Conference!
The Cecil Murphey Foundation (www.CecilMurphey.com, www.CecWriterToWriter.com) is sponsoring a generous partial scholarship this year. For more information about the scholarships and applications, please visit the Christian Communicators Conference Scholarship page.
~~~Deadline for Scholarship application is April 1, 2015, so don’t delay!~~~
Deposits and Cancellations:
- Conference: A $125 nonrefundable deposit is required with your registration.
- Conference balance due by July 26, 2015
- No refunds given after July 26, 2015
- Scholarship Applications due by April 1, 2015
- Early bird discount ($25)—Full payment and registration form must be received by June 1, 2015 to receive the early bird discount. After June 1, regular rates will apply.
- All balances for conference are due by July 26, 2015
- No refunds will be given after July 26, 2015
What to Bring:
- Comfortable clothing
- A nice outfit, appropriate for speaker presentation and head shot
- A 5-minute message to work on during the week and present on Saturday
- Any simple props you may want to use in your 5-minute presentation
- Tea time apparel for the High Tea Luncheon, if desired
- Laptops are welcome, but not required
- You may bring your own books and products to offer for sale during the conference (Details will be discussed prior to conference.)
- Free Wi-Fi is available and some cell phones have service.
- Nearest airport is Asheville Regional (AVL), approximately 20 minutes from The Cove. The Greenville/Spartanburg (GSP) airport is approximately 90 minutes away.
- We will provide complimentary shuttle service for the Asheville Regional Airport at 2pm on Wednesday and at 1pm on Sunday. Please coordinate times with conference coordinator Cynthia Owens before booking flights: ccc [@] gowithvision.com
- The Cove is a no-smoking facility.
- We are a non-fragrance conference.
“At Christian Communicators I went from caterpillar to butterfly in five short days. Now it’s your turn to sprout wings and carry that unique message God has burning in your heart to a world that needs to hear it.”
Sherry Boykin, Pennsylvania
For more information, check out these pages:
~~Please Note: Registrations cannot be made through The Cove~~
“The moment I walked through the door, I felt at home. I learned simple steps to kickstart my speaking ministry, as well as essential business skills for success. But, the most beneficial aspect of CCC is the sisterhood of like-minded women that you meet. I’m continuously amazed at the love and compassion shared among the CCC alumni.”
Barbara Evers, SC
- Complete Online Registration Form and pay deposit by PayPal, OR
- Register online, then mail check (made to Christian Communicators) to our Conference Coordinator: Cynthia Owens, 101 East Hills Drive, Greer, SC 29650. Please note: reservation is not completed until registration and deposit is received, OR
- Download and complete CCConference 2015 Registration Form and send as an email attachment to CCC@GoWithVision.com and PayPal payment sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, OR
- Pay by check (made to Christian Communicators) and snail mail hardcopy of completed CCConference 2015 Registration Form to our Conference Coordinator: Cynthia Owens, 101 East Hills Drive, Greer, SC 29650
Registrations can ONLY be held with the deposit and the completed registration form.
~~Registrations cannot be made through The Cove~~
Questions? Feel free to contact:
Conference Coordinator Cynthia Owens at 864-979-4647 (cell) or ccc [@] gowithvision.com
Vonda Skelton at 864-906-2256 (cell) or vondaskelton [@] gmail.com
Carolyn Knefely at 864-752-5230 (cell) or knefelyc [@] gmail.com
Our prayer is that this week will change your life and equip you to fulfill the plan God has for you!
Anonymous comments from our 2014 post-conference evaluations:
“Fabulous experience! I really am so very appreciative of all the encouragement, the sharing of real life stories and the vulnerability of all of you. God was honored and it deepened my relationship with Christ through a very clear vision of what He wants me to do.”
“It really helped me to get very clear about what God is calling me to do. Loved that the conference was small and intimate and that I feel like I got to know many of the other women.”
“Sisters helping sisters.”
“It felt very God-driven. Hearts of those in leadership was evident.”
“Anyone looking for clarification of their calling, direction and practical hands on information would love this conference. And the relationships made in such a short time was a fabulous part of it all.”