I’m a book junky. I smuggle books into our home. With premeditation, I keep plastic grocery bags in my car so I can tote in a stack of books along with the can goods and chips. It’s my husband’s fault!
My elementary teachers and secondary counsels would never have believed I would ever be a smuggler of books. Why? Because even though I graduated from high school with having been on the honor roll half a dozen times, I never read a book from cover to cover!
How was that possible? That’s another story at another time. Today, I’m confessing to this crime…not repenting, just confessing.
Why is my hubby guilty of making me a book junky? He cared enough to take this dyslexic and help her master the challenges of reading. Once I was able to restrain my spastic eyes from jumping all over a written page, I became hooked on the stories, facts, and how-to books. Authors became my treasured friends.
Seven of my most treasured business books; I buy again and again to give away. These books I smuggle into my office repeatedly. They don’t stay long. They are meant to be shared. Hubby smiles when he sees a stack of beloved books going out the door in someone else’s arms.
Since I can’t fill your arms up with these treasures today…the next best thing I can do is share their titles and gifted authors with you.
- The PATH: Creating Your Mission Statement for Work and for Life by Laurie Beth Jones –author of Jesus, CEO-
- How to Connect in Business in 90 Seconds or Less by Nicholas Boothman
- The Power of Positive Thinking by Norman Vincent Peal – the original co-publisher of Guideposts magazine
- The On-Purpose Person: Making Your Life Make Sense by Kevin W. McCarthy
- Present Yourself with Impact: Techniques for Success by Caryl Winter
- How to Work a Room: The Ultimate Guide to Savvy Socializing in Person and Online by Susan RoAne
- The Four-Minute Sell: How to Make a Dynamic First Impression in the Four Minutes That Can Make or Break you by Janet G. Elsea
I hope you are able to read one or two or all of these books. The authors are change makers. Like the word of God changed me when I read it from cover to cover, these books are worthy of cracking the jacket to see if there is something there that will help you too.
Is this book junky really committing a crime of smuggling in her addiction to read and to share? Was it a bad thing that my hubby got me hooked on reading and learning? Is he guilty or not?
My answer is “no.” He gave me a great gift where I could go to The Book and meet the best Author of all.
Rejoicing in Jesus,
All a man’s ways seem innocent to him, but motives are weighed by the Lord. ~ Proverb 16:2