UPDATE! Hold the date: August 28-September 1, 2013
The 2013 Christian Communicators Conference will be held August 28-September 1 at The Billy Graham Training Center at The Cove in Asheville, NC. Details coming soon!
You can also contact us through the Contact Page to be the first to hear about next year’s conference!
Thank you and God bless as you seek to serve Him through ministry!
Vonda and Carolyn
This is the 2012 information. 2013 details coming soon!
Christian Communicators Conference
August 29 – September 2, 2012
The Billy Graham Training Center at The Cove
God has given each of us unique experiences from which to share His goodness and grace.
Could He be calling you to share them from the stage?
Do you have a story to tell? Would your testimony encourage and challenge others? Are you ready to take the next step in your speaking ministry, but don’t know where to begin? Do you already have a speaking ministry, but want help in growing your outreach? If you answered yes to any of these questions, this is the opportunity you’ve been waiting for!
You’re invited to join author and speaker Vonda Skelton and people-polishing expert and speaker Carolyn Knefely for the 3rd Christian Communicators Conference. The five-day, four-night conference will be held at the Billy Graham Training Center at The Cove, a retreat center in Asheville, NC, designed to encourage, refresh and empower believers who want to grow and deepen their faith.
Leave the chaos, forget the stress, and escape to the comfort of God’s creation where you’ll have the opportunity to learn, reflect, and hear from the Lord. Daily devotions and a time of praise & worship led by La-Tan Murphy will help us focus on Him each morning.
The all-inclusive package includes everything—there are no hidden expenses and Cecil Murphey Scholarships are available.
Read on for all the details and then get ready to embark on a training mission for YOUR ministry!
Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. I Peter 3:15
As a participant in this unique conference, you will learn how to:
- Discover your ministry focus and mission
- Create compelling messages by including Biblical Truth and your own experiences and stories of life
- Incorporate drama, music, props, and humor into your presentations
- Use the stage to your best advantage
- Dress for the occasion
- Develop the forms and manage the paperwork
- Get your information into the hands of event planners
- Generate income from a product table—even if you don’t have a published book!
- Interact professionally with church and business leaders, including protocol and etiquette
- Face your fears and move forward in the call God has placed on your life
On Saturday, you will present a 5-minute message which will be professionally videotaped and a copy presented to you as part of your conference package. The video can then be used in your demo DVD or other media materials.
Learn how to put your best foot forward with a lovely High Tea…
Learn from Carolyn Knefely as she shares her knowledge of etiquette, protocol, and graceful living. Then join us Friday afternoon for an elegant, delightful high tea. You’ll never feel like a wallflower again!
As a graduate of Christian Communicators Conference, you’ll have added benefits!
Christian Communicators is more than a speakers conference . . . it’s a community!
- ongoing educational opportunities through ChristianCommunicators.Coach and
- exposure through ChristianCommunicators.Connect
…we can help you grow your ministry as you grow as a speaker.
Other benefits include:
- Monthly ChristianCommunicatorsLIVE! Blog Talk Radio shows with guest speakers, media specialists, and authors to continue you training from the comfort of your own home (Beginning March 15)
- Free basic listing on the speakers’ page at the Christian Communicators website (Beginning mid-February)
- Ongoing support
Vonda and Carolyn are committed to helping you succeed. After all, equipping women to share their love for Christ Jesus through their speaking ministry creates a larger army to spread God’s word!
The program package is all-inclusive:
- Lodging for 5 days and 4 nights
- Meals from Wednesday dinner through Sunday lunch
- Snacks, access to the free yogurt bar and cappuccino machines, and continuous coffee and soft drinks
- Classes, breakout sessions, and training
- Handouts, notebook, and bag
- Reproducible ministry forms
- A copy of your presentation video
- Friendship and support from ministry-focused women
- Personal one-hour phone appointment after conference
There are no surprise expenses!
Conference Program Package
All rooms have two queen beds and a private bath and may be reserved for single, double, triple, or quad occupancy. You may request specific roommate(s) by listing them on your registration form.
If you want to share a room, but don’t have a roommate, we will be happy to assign one for you.
Conference and Meals only (no lodging) $617
Space is limited. Beds and rooms will be assigned on a first requested, first served basis.
~~Due to space constraints, reservations are limited. The $125 deposit is non-refundable once your registration is accepted.~~
Early bird discount:
- Pay the conference fee in full by June 1, 2012 and receive a $25 discount ($125 deposit will be non-refundable).
Vonda and Carolyn offer a first-class speakers conference at the beautiful Cove in NC. Because of the size limit of 30 speakers, each participant receives lots of personal attention. The conference is worth every penny of the cost.
Yvonne Ortega, VA
Deposits and Cancellations:
- Conference: A $125 nonrefundable deposit is required with your registration.
- Conference balance due by July 29, 2012
- No refunds given after July 29, 2012
- Cecil Murphey Scholarship Applications due by April 1, 2012
- Early bird discount ($25)—Full payment and registration form must be received by June 1, 2012 to receive the early bird discount. After June 1, regular rates will apply.
- All balances for conference are due by July 29, 2012
- No refunds will be given after July 29, 2012
- Comfortable clothing
- One nice outfit, appropriate for speaking event
- Any simple props you may want to use in your 5-minute presentation
- Laptops are welcome, but not required
- Free Wi-Fi is available and most cell phones have service.
- Nearest airport is Asheville Regional (AVL), approximately 20 minutes from The Cove. The Greenville/Spartanburg (GSP) airport is approximately 90 minutes away.
- We will have one complimentary Asheville Regional Airport pickup during registration time and after the conference ends.
- The Cove is a no-smoking facility.
For more information, check out these pages:
~~Please Note: Registrations cannot be made through The Cove~~
Three ways to register:
1. Online Registration and pay through PayPal
2. Download and complete Registration form (CCConference 2012 Registration Form) and email as a Word document to firstname.lastname@example.org and send payment through PayPal to account email@example.com
3. Print out and complete CCConference 2012 Registration Form, enclose check to Christian Communicators and mail to:
205 White Meadow Court
Simpsonville, SC 29681
Registrations can ONLY be held with the depositandthe completed registration form.
~~Please Note: Registrations cannot be made through The Cove~~
Our prayer is that this week will change your life and equip you to fulfill the plan God has for you!
I want to encourage you to register for CCC 2013. I promise you’ll be glad you did! CCC was one of the most amazing experiences of my life. Vonda and Carolyn give above and beyond to each conferee as they offer their knowledge from years of experience in training, teaching, and communicating as speakers. They help graduates learn tools and grow in confidence to pursue the God-given call of speaking. The sweet friendships you’ll make while at CCC is an added bonus! Be sure to register. You’ll be glad you did!
La-Tan Murphy, NC